Abby,

 I agree with you, the proceedure should not be compulsory and I will take
this up with colleagues, women should be given the right to choose if they
want this, and I suppose the best way to go is what Emily has suggested and
explain to the mother and write it in their notes if they choose to not have
EFM..
I find this whole policy/proceedure thing often very difficult  to work
with, but hospitals do have to work within the safety of policies and
guidelines to protect not only the mother and baby, but the hospital and
staff themselves.  In a court of law they will have to show that they
followed proceedure. and have risk management in place.

I would love to hear what other hospitals are doing with Syntocinon
Inductions.  Is it policy to use continuous CTG's
throughout labour?

Our policy is still at  the updating stage  and has room for change
(hopefully)

Thank you also Emily for you advise.

 Linda