That birthing experiences vary so drastically as a result of individual
staff is reason to advocate for returning the power and control of birth to
birthing women. This, not policy, will help ensure that all women and babies
have the best chance for a truly great birth.

But it's institutions as well as individual staff that influence women's
birthing experiences since each hospital has its own culture that filters
through to the individuals working within it.