Title: Re: [ozmidwifery] ctg stuff
From: Susan Cudlipp
"The reply was 'I DONT CARE- I WANT TO BE INDUCED' How can the ob refuse in this instance?"

In my experience, many women don't understand that being induced can result in a very different birthing experience for themselves and their babies. Perhaps rather than simply being told yes or no, a woman would change her mind about wanting to be induced (or the way she is induced) if she had all the facts.

I also think "due dates" (particularly the dates calculated at early ultrasounds) can have a hugely negative psychological effect on a woman's willingness to wait for labour to start spontaneously.

From: Justine Canes
"It is not until we have a full complement of choice from homebirth to elec c/s can we say that women are really making a choice. "

And that women are fully informed when making those choices.