Title: Re: [ozmidwifery] FYI news article
Hi Louise

I agree with you.

What we need to do is capitalise on the PHI stuff though (esp now that insurance is on the horizon).

There is still no choice in PHI and no reason to have PHI in rural areas.  But in the advent of a private midwifery expansion this could change quickly.

Midwives could be working privately providing women with care wherever they chose to birth. We could sell the reduced cost of the midwifery care with home help for the first 2 weeks (ie domestic home help).  Heaps of ways to sell this to women.

I would love to talk to you off list re rural issues as someone also in rural NSW, experiencing similar issues.

Kind regards

Justine Caines
National Policy Co-ordinator
Maternity Coalition Inc