Not even grief counseling for the aftermath.
Jim is a lot nicer than I am so I am guessing “HE” won’t say “I told you so”.

One of the big projects Jim  is working on is taking some of OUR big projects 
over….depending on how that goes we will have much better guidance/support for 
you for Beta2.

Chuck


From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steven Nagy
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:56 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Jim Lamb
Subject: RE: VSTS/TFS 2010 Beta1 Usage?

So the question is: what kind of support is there for the ‘brave’ people ? ☺

Regards,

Steven Nagy
Readify | Senior Developer
M: +61 404 044 513 | E: [email protected]<sip:[email protected]> | 
B: azure.snagy.name<http://azure.snagy.name/>

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Charles Sterling
Sent: Thursday, 19 March 2009 12:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Jim Lamb
Subject: RE: VSTS/TFS 2010 Beta1 Usage?

Jim Lamb is really the man in this space but last I heard Beta1 will NOT have 
an upgrade path to Beta2.
Beta2, if it comes out with a Go Live (yes this is the plan), will have an 
upgrade path to RTM.

As far as people putting Beta1 into live infrastructure I totally agree I 
wouldn’t do it; But I know some are considering it and a pretty normal scenario 
is to have a virtualized “copy” of the live environment and integrating a Beta 
there would be risk free.
…I won’t name names but I had a house guest (on this list) stay w/ me on the 
Gold Coast that was able to run the entire Westpac Data center in 3 VM’s from 
his laptop while fishing from my backyard!

Thanks again everybody for all the information

Looks like I have:

1.       Minority of respondent

________________________________
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
s plan on only doing only green field exploratory examinations

2.       The majority plan on doing some sort of upgrade activities but in a 
sandbox with green field forays for education and presentations (you can tell 
there are a bunch of Readify boys on the list<g>)

3.       A couple VERY brave souls that plan on dropping it on real servers and 
figuring out where the wheels fall off.


Chuck




From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard Banks
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Jim Lamb
Subject: RE: VSTS/TFS 2010 Beta1 Usage?

Hi Chuck,

Definitely a fresh install sandbox for playing with/exploring features.

I’m also likely to do different upgrades from TFS2008 sandboxes, since the 
upgrade experience for a number of people from ’05 to ’08 was less than stellar.

Is the plan for Beta 1 to be upgradable to beta2->RC-> full release whenever 
they become available? Also since beta 1 won’t have a go-live license there’s 
little chance I’d put it into existing infrastructure, and so there’d be no 
testing of multi-server installs.

Regards,
Richard Banks
CSM | CSP | 
http://richardsbraindump.blogspot.com<http://richardsbraindump.blogspot.com/> | 
http://twitter.com/rbanks54

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Charles Sterling
Sent: Thursday, 19 March 2009 5:54 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Jim Lamb
Subject: VSTS/TFS 2010 Beta1 Usage?


Hello,

As we get closer to getting builds ready for Beta1 it begs the question how do 
you envision yourself using this beta?
I see two primary scenarios:

1.       A fresh install where you explore the new features from an isolated 
sandbox.

2.       An installation integrated into your infrastructure/AD so you can 
upgrade existing projects and tools –then looking at the new features from 
those projects.

Please feel free to include scenarios I may have missed

Thanks,
Chuck

PS I believe this has been covered on the alias before but Beta1 will not have 
a go live license




________________________________
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
________________________________
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
________________________________
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Unsubscribe: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

Reply via email to