Main thing we are interested in at the moment is whether the TFS API is 
more reliable to use. At the moment we have to use pure .NET functionality 
to perform quite a few tasks for which we get spurious results whilst 
working with the TFS API. For example when we try to use TFSRename() I 
think it is, we end up having to use a bunch of File.Copy(), File.Delete(), 
File.Rename() commands and as a result we lose the TFS history.

Andrew

----------------------------------------

From: "Andrew McGrath" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, 19 March 2009 8:46 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: VSTS/TFS 2010 Beta1 Usage? 

We currently run TFS with Team Build doing automated builds from a laptop 
that didn't finish building until 5 hours after the last checkin last 
night....

So we will be looking to throw the beta on a much faster dedicated hosted 
server as we have fully integrated TFS as well as VS2008 into our 
"design-and-run-your-own-business-system-automatically-over-the-web" 
service which is currently in beta for a few client projects. So we would 
be looking to take snapshots of our TFS2008 system and upload it into 
VS2010/TFS2010 beta to test system responsiveness and see if there is new 
functionality we would want to integrate before we go fully live later in 
the year. AD is not currently integrated but this would give us a chance to 
trial that also.

Andrew

----------------------------------------

From: "Steven Nagy" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, 19 March 2009 8:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: VSTS/TFS 2010 Beta1 Usage? 

I'll put it on the metal on my laptop. I presume the install experience 
will go side-by-side with VSTS 2008?
Project wise, as a consultant, I'm guided by my clients. However I've been 
led to believe there are interests in 4.0 already in some places.
 
I'll also install TFS 2010 on a home network (in a virtual machine on my 
server) to play with but I doubt ANY of my clients will be interested in 
moving up to TFS 2010 until full release.
 
 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Charles 
Sterling
Sent: Thursday, 19 March 2009 4:54 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Jim Lamb
Subject: VSTS/TFS 2010 Beta1 Usage?
 
 
Hello, 
 
As we get closer to getting builds ready for Beta1 it begs the question how 
do you envision yourself using this beta? 
I see two primary scenarios: 
1.       A fresh install where you explore the new features from an 
isolated sandbox. 
2.       An installation integrated into your infrastructure/AD so you can 
upgrade existing projects and tools -then looking at the new features from 
those projects. 
 
Please feel free to include scenarios I may have missed
 
Thanks, 
Chuck 
 
PS I believe this has been covered on the alias before but Beta1 will not 
have a go live license
 
 
 
 

----------------------------------------

Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

----------------------------------------

Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address:  [email protected] 
Subscribe:  [email protected] 
Unsubscribe:  [email protected] 
List FAQ:  http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs 
Other lists you might want to join:  http://www.codify.com/lists  

 

----------------------------------------

Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address:  [email protected] 
Subscribe:  [email protected] 
Unsubscribe:  [email protected] 
List FAQ:  http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs 
Other lists you might want to join:  http://www.codify.com/lists 

 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

Reply via email to