No. I do not

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Martin Kulov <[email protected]> wrote:

>  But you do not precompile the web site, right?
>
>
>
>
>
> Martin Kulov
>
> INETA Speaker, VSTS MVP, MCT
>
>
>
> http://www.kulov.net
>
> Phone: (+359) 88 821 3255
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Deepak
> Srinivasan
> *Sent:* Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:53 PM
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* Re: Partial deployment of ASP.NET application
>
>
>
> Works for me now. I added the following to the proj file (just before the
> end of the file </project> node)
>
>
>
> <PropertyGroup>
>
>     <SkipClean>true</SkipClean>
>
>     <SkipInitializeWorkspace>true</SkipInitializeWorkspace>
>
>     <ForceGet>false</ForceGet>
>
>   </PropertyGroup>
>
>
>
> This makes it get only the changed files. I am able to look up those files
> that changed from the build computer's workspace and also the drop location.
> Now, I am able to pick the files I want to deploy by manually moving them.
> As Daniel had recommended, I am going to use robocopy to move those files. I
> read somewhere that by default robocopy only moves changed files between
> source and target. I need to confirm that
>
>
>
> Deepak
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Martin Kulov <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Have anyone succeeded on incremental deployment for ASP.NET web sites?
>
>
> Martin Kulov
> INETA Speaker, VSTS MVP, MCT
>
> http://www.kulov.net
> Phone: (+359) 88 821 3255
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard
> Dingwall
> Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:33 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Partial deployment of ASP.NET application
>
> Incremental deployment is a good idea if you can fully automate it
> (e.g. robocopy or MSI as discussed). I've been on a project where we
> used to do this manually - each release we had to locate files that
> changed ourselves. Needless to say it wasn't pretty :)
>
> > (Our developers check in and out
> > at will...right now there is no constraint on when a file should be
> checked
> > in except that checkins at the end of the day should build).
>
> This sentence worries me. Your main/release branches should 1) always
> be in a working, buildable state 2) be checked in when it's finished,
> not at the end of the day.
>
> I wrote a post about this last year:
>
> http://richarddingwall.name/2008/11/23/back-to-basics-good-source-control-ch
> eck-in-habits/<http://richarddingwall.name/2008/11/23/back-to-basics-good-source-control-ch%0d%0aeck-in-habits/>
>
> Rich
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
> List address: [email protected]
> Subscribe: [email protected]
> Unsubscribe: [email protected]
> List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
> Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
>
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
> List address: [email protected]
> Subscribe: [email protected]
> Unsubscribe: [email protected]
> List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
> Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
>
>
>  ------------------------------
>
> Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
> List address: [email protected]
> Subscribe: [email protected]
> Unsubscribe: [email protected]
> List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
> Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
>
> ------------------------------
> Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
> List address: [email protected]
> Subscribe: [email protected]
> Unsubscribe: [email protected]
> List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
> Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support procedure: https://www.codify.com/lists/support
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

Reply via email to