> On Sep 29, 2016, at 4:41 AM, Morris, Andi <amor...@cardiffmet.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Yes, I have now commented out the DB dump from the main script and am running
> that separately. As mentioned, this means that if I want the script to clean
> up the tables, and optimise I still need the mariadb daemon to be running on
> the packetfence server. I was basically wondering whether this is a required
> check in this situation.

Hi Andy,
The check that looks for the pid file of the database is only meant to prevent
the script from needlessly running on servers where packetfence is running but
the database is not hosted locally.

The cleanup and optimize commands can be run remotely from the PacketFence
server to the database server.
The data will not be transferred and so there is no problem with those commands.

The log4perl errors are because you don't have log4perl installed on the
database server.

Regards,
--
Louis Munro