Subject: HELP: Scanning Bar Codes From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:37:50 -0400
Hi, I am currently using a Handspring model 3.5h and it has the capability of scanning barcodes. I would like to know how I can go about importing the 'scanned' data into my palm application.
While there were plug-in laser scanners for the Handspring PDA'a, those scanners longer available new, and are virtually impossible to find used. The manufacturers of those scanners (PSC and Symbol) provided API sets to configure them and read the barcodes.
The best scan-based Palm OS unit in standard PDA profile is the Symbol 1550, and there are also rugged units available, the Symbol 1800 and Aceeca Measura.
There are less good scan solutions for Palm OS 5 units, with the Socket SDIO scanner being the most popular, and a nicely built but relatively expensive clip-on scanner from Grabba.
Roger Stringer Marietta Systems, Inc. (www.rf-tp.com)
-- For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/forums/
