Hi Rick. When I go into the volume control, there is an advanced
button next to the microphone, but the only thing in there is a check
box for monitoring, which is checked, but nothing about the boost
like I had on the old PC. I'm guessing that this sound card just
isn't good for recording, which is what my research unfortunately has shown.