From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: 27 March 2008 14:25
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Poikosoft news: Easy CD-DA Extractor 11.5

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:59:27 -0400, you wrote:

>What does the program do?

A question with a far shorter answer would be, what does the program
*not* do?

You can convert audio files from one format to another with about 20 or so
formats built in.  You can add new file formats as they are developed simply
by placing the codec's DLL in a certain place and informing the program of
its presence.  You can configure each individual file format and save that
configuration as a preset.  File conversion can be initiated either from the
program itself or through Windows Explorer on the right-click menu of any
audio file, provided you told the program that this is a capability you want
when you install it.  You can rip CD's to any of the above mentioned file
formats or presets.  When ripping, you can use any of the free CD lookup
databases such as FreeDB to automatically name and/or ID3-tag the resultant
files.  Tracks can be combined into one track, if that's desirable which, on
some CD's with some music, it is.  You can write CD's either in standard ISO
9660 data format or music CD format (I forget the specification name at the
moment).  I'm not positive, only because I don't do a lot of CD-writing, but
you might even be able to write mixed-mode CD's (combos that play in your
regular CD player but have additional data that can be read from a PC
Windows Explorer window).  I think I've covered the main points.  Pretty
good for thirty bucks, eh?

database 2978 (20080327) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 2978 (20080327) __________