I'm confused. Who's paying three bills? Where's the analogy?

--

Christopher
chalt...@gmail.com

On 4/19/2010 12:31 PM, Frank Ventura wrote:
OK if you don't think there is a double standard then stand in front of
your average lending library in AnyTown USA and tell each person coming
out with a book that they will have to spend three bills of their
paycheck (or tax dollars) to be able to read that book and watch their
reaction. Still no double standard?

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org
[mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 1:27 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: It's Still Stealing

I don't agree. Someone else on this list talked about the more famous
RIAA law suits, and to my knowledge none of these were directed against
blind individuals. I'm not aware of a single case where the NLS went
after a blind patron. Copy protection schemes implemented by Sony,
Apple, Audible and so on are not directed at the blind. Apple, Audible
and Overdrive content are all restricted to a certain set of players, or

used to be, and again this has nothing to do with the blind. I don't
think there's a double standard here.

I won't even go near the recliner analogy.

--

Christopher
chalt...@gmail.com