Hank,

There is a keytstroke needed so that the data you want to play after recording is available. Dan't recall what it is just now, but it works fine.

Maybe REA access is no un der developement, but as at the last release of reaper i believe that it worked pretty good. One of the facilities I like in reaper is that, I can record track 1, say first vocals, guitar, or bass, then monitor that track while recording next instrumental parts or further dodgy harmonies.

If this can be done in audacity then that might suit me just as well. But for MIDI and audio then Sonar (costs a few dollars though) reaper may be best value. Somebody who has used audacity with extensive midi control could better advise you.

Joe