Yep, and so many people believe that just because it's not being developed anymore that they should completely quit using it and move onto something else, even at the cost of functionality like this.

I started using Winamp way back around 1998 or so. It's done everything I expected it to do, and nothing I don't want it to. There were a few versions that acted a bit odd but you could always turn those features off if you wanted to, many times I did. it is still available via the ninite website, and that's a great site all on its own. for Winamp plus a lot of other accessible stuff you can get, the link is:
http://ninite.com/accessible

On 10/6/2016 2:20 AM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
This is one of the things I have always liked about Winamp; it has the ability
to pick up where you left off in a file!
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Peter
Russillo
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 4:03 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: accessible software media player that can bookmark

Hello list, I'm looking for an accessible software media player that runs
under Windows 10 with which I can bookmark wherever I left off in a media
file so that later I can resume where I left off without having to search
through the file to find the place I left off.  I now use Windows Media
Player, but any accessible alternative capable of bookmarking one's place in
an audio file is what I'm looking for; any suggestions or tips are welcome;
thanks.

Yours truly, Peter Russillo