Did you consider trying a clean box or hum filter like you would use with guitar amplifiers? You run it into your mixer and plug your radio into that! Art and Behrenger make them. I was going to say you could get an isolation ground loop filter from Radio Shack but they aren't in business any more, and I doubt most of the sales people wouldn't know what you are talking about.

-----Original Message----- From: Danny Miles
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:49 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Issue with Buzz in Radio Recordings

Thanks.  I often have to move the wires around, which is why I thought
a new wire might solve the trick.  However, I can't get a completely
non-existent buzz without holding the middle of it up in the air,
which obviously isn't feasible.  I just find it odd that it does it
with the digital radio but not with the iPhone, as they're both
digital appliances and I don't move the wire when swapping over
devices (obviously I have to take the jack out of one and put it in
the other but the cable itself stays flat rather than up in the air
while attached to the iPhone and it remains in the same position).  Is
it possible that the iPhone is simply better designed for this sort of
thing than both of my other devices and, although I appreciate that
it's probably quite technical, I'd be grateful for any info on how to
identify suitable equipment for the future if that's the case.

Danny