I also agree.

This seems to be a poster child for mission creep.

Yours Irrespectively,

John

From: Pce [mailto:pce-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Cyril Margaria
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:25 PM
To: LITKOWSKI Stephane DTF/DERX <stephane.litkow...@orange.com>
Cc: pce@ietf.org; pce-cha...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Pce] PCEP as an SDN controller protocol?

+1,

PCEP is rather efficient at dealing with paths and constraints.
PCE-CC , as someone mentioned earlier, can be seen as 1-hop LSPs, there could
be minimum protocol extensions.

PCEP-LS is redoing links-state flooding over PCEP, using the same elements as
existing protocols. This sounds OK as an experiment but the operational or
scale advantages to it seems very limited.

I don't think we should overload PCEP to carry IGP information (nor device
configuration)

My 2 cents
Cyril

On 24 July 2017 at 08:02,