Have you tried reinstalling explorer.exe?

Linda
Publisher ~ ABC ~ All 'Bout Computers
Owner ~ Linda's Computer Stop
http://personal-computer-tutor.com
FREE MS Office eBook Tutorial
http://personal-computer-tutor.com/library.htm
 


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of Harold B
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 9:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PCWorks: Re: Menu's disappeared


Thanks Linda, thanks Clint, and thanks Roger (who responded in email).

To Linda ... no, I am not in full screen view; F11 is not the issue here
(but I
always welcome your suggestions).
To Clint ... operating system is Windows98

The problem with the browsers is solved. I just reinstalled both Netscape
4.79
and IE 6 (which I rarely use) ... the browsers look good.

HOWEVER, I thought I had fixed the Exploring window (as Roger will attest
to) but
I am mistaken. It's a matter of configuration which I can't seem to solve.
In
addition to the Address Bar, I can get either the menu bar OR the Standard
Buttons.

What I want is to have the Address Bar, AND the Menu Bar (so I can easily
get to
"View, Folder options"), and at least, some of the standard button (like the
"Up"
one level arrow and the forward/back arrows). The "Up" one level arrow is a
must
for my purposes.

That's the way it was when I newly installed the system and I'd like to
configure
it to be that way again. If I uncheck "Standard Buttons" all I get is the
Menu
Bar. If I check "Standard Buttons" I get the standard buttons but lose the
Menu
Bar.

Question: How can I get both (or at least, the Menu Bar along with the "Up"
one
level arrow)?

Harold B.
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to