Greetings from Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NY. CHUCK (Charles Harris) says: Try bringing the mouse to the bottom of the Standard Buttons toolbar until you get the double arrow. Hold the (left) mouse button down and drag down slightly. The menu toolbar will appear underneath the Standard Buttons toolbar. (And quit deleting things!)
Yes, Chuck, you are right. That's a simple step that never occurred to me, and it worked. CLINT says: Harold go to 'folder options' the 'view' and you'll see the option to "launch folder windows in a separate process", or similar to that. This should fix all the folder problems you describe. How come my "View, Folder Options, View tab" has no such check-off? What I do have is on the "General" tab a Settings button that opens a window where, among other options, "Open each folder in the same window" can be checked. I'm using Windows98; do folder options differ on different systems? REGARDING Chuck "and quit deleting things" ... that opens up a totally different discussion. I find from observing people at their computers that the computer becomes an extension of one's personality. It can be completely functional (keeping records, accessing information, playing games, chatting in chat rooms, building a web site, etc.) all the way to being a complete reflection of one's personality. For example, one can have a sloppy Start menu, and sub menus (a reflection of a certain personality) all the way to being a "neat freak" or having what might be called the "Felix Unger" syndrome, who does nothing else but neaten up his/her files and folders. This person might spend a day in the Start menu folder "getting things just right" (he's installing, deleting, he's in the registry, and learning "hand on" at the same time (he also learns from people like you) ... I waver between both extremes, and that's one of the advantages of being retired. And to close the subject (I know more serious matters are discussed here), I thank Linda (ladies first) and Clint and Chuck and Roger, et al for all their input. Other problems cropped up with those folders and yesterday Felix Unger formatted the entire system (in my Hewlett-Packard called a "System Recovery" and in Compaq called a "Quick Restore"), which I might do at least once a year just for the fun of it, and having the satisfaction knowing that everything is back in its pristine shape. So again, all is looking good, everything up to my specs, that is until (smile) ... that's right, it'll happen again; just a matter of time. Harold B. ============= PCWorks Mailing List ================= Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines & make sure you've followed proper posting procedures, http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com =====================================================
