CLINT SAYS:
"Have you just simply tried to 'drag' the toolbar back 'down'?  You know how you
place the cursor right on the edge of the toolbar and yousee that 'double arrow',
then 'pull' or 'drag' it downward,then you can right click it and select address bar,
or links,etc, and customize it again like it was."

EUREKA, THAT DID IT
How could I have not known the menu bar was hidden there when the Standard Buttons
were showing? I just dragged the little sucker down and that problem is now solved. I
have a second problem with folders *other than* the Explorer window that open when I
double click My Computer. I'll post that problem soon.

LINDA SAYS:
"Have you tried reinstalling explorer.exe?"

Linda, how does one reinstall explorer.exe? I have an HP Pentium Pavilion and with it
comes a System Recovery CD. On that CD I have the option of reinstalling the entire
system or reinstalling certain programs (like Fax, DVD player, Quicken, RealPlayer,
MusicMatch, Trellix, etc ... much of which I never use and always remove from the
system).

I can also reinstall certain drivers; nothing there applies to explorer.exe. And, of
course, I can restore the entire system. All that is on the CD supplied by HP.

I don't see "explorer.exe" as one of the reinstalling options. Should it ever be
necessary, is there another way to reinstall it?

ORIGINAL PROBLEM

> The problem with the browsers is solved. I just reinstalled both Netscape 4.79
> and IE 6 (which I rarely use) ... the browsers look good.
>
> HOWEVER, I thought I had fixed the Exploring window (as Roger will attest to) but
> I am mistaken. It's a matter of configuration which I can't seem to solve. In
> addition to the Address Bar, I can get either the menu bar OR the Standard
> Buttons.
>
> What I want is to have the Address Bar, AND the Menu Bar (so I can easily get to
> "View, Folder options"), and at least, some of the standard button (like the "Up"
> one level arrow and the forward/back arrows). The "Up" one level arrow is a must
> for my purposes.
>
> That's the way it was when I newly installed the system and I'd like to configure
> it to be that way again. If I uncheck "Standard Buttons" all I get is the Menu
> Bar. If I check "Standard Buttons" I get the standard buttons but lose the Menu
> Bar.
>
> Question: How can I get both (or at least, the Menu Bar along with the "Up" one
> level arrow)?
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to