Don't you just hate having to troubleshoot something at dawn before that
first cup of coffee is consumed.  

Obviously, either a file is corrupt or a registry entry is broken and not
letting things start up correctly.  SFC shouldn't destroy your computer.  It
scans system files and will replace those that it believes are corrupt.
Might work.  As in everything you do with Windows, make sure your critical
data is backed up.  

Another thing you could try, since it seems to be the earthlink software
that's not starting correctly, is to uninstall and reinstall it.  You might
want to call Earthlink  to see if there are any gotcha's in doing that.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Helene Leavitt
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 6:51 AM
To: PC WORKS
Subject: PCWorks: Another day, same problem.. SIGH

Hi All,
Had to call Dell Tech again this morning.. cause the same problem arose..
So,
between yesterday morn.. and then in the afternoon, when it wouldnt'
connect..
and now this morning.. UGH.

So, what the Dell Tech had me do.. was go to Run.. type in SFC /SCANNOW...
and
he said, that checks and "fixes" all windows corrupt files.??

As you know me.. I always double check with you guys. cause I dont' trust
Dell
- at all..(hmmm.. wonder why.. LOL)..

So, does this seem right.. That - that is what he told me to do. and will
that
"Fix" the problem??

Oh, I do have McAffee,, I have Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, Ad-aware and
Spybot. and they're all updated and come up clean all the time.. I recently
did a "scan disk"(checkdsk). whatever it's called with XP . and also a
defrag.. and my windows critical updates are all up to date.
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to