Hi All,
Had to call Dell Tech again this morning.. cause the same problem arose.. So,
between yesterday morn.. and then in the afternoon, when it wouldnt' connect..
and now this morning.. UGH.

So, what the Dell Tech had me do.. was go to Run.. type in SFC /SCANNOW... and
he said, that checks and "fixes" all windows corrupt files.??

As you know me.. I always double check with you guys. cause I dont' trust Dell
- at all..(hmmm.. wonder why.. LOL)..

So, does this seem right.. That - that is what he told me to do. and will that
"Fix" the problem??

Oh, I do have McAffee,, I have Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard, Ad-aware and
Spybot. and they're all updated and come up clean all the time.. I recently
did a "scan disk"(checkdsk). whatever it's called with XP . and also a
defrag.. and my windows critical updates are all up to date.

I dont' download anything.. (except for the above) and they've all been on my
computer for a while now..

The only thing I do notice when this thing happens.. is that to the left of
the clock.. my earthlink icon, is not there.. it's on the desktop.. but it's
supposed to be there too.. When I turned off the computer, and manually
restarted it.. 3 times this morning.. Then it appeared.. and I was able to
connect..(just about the time, that Dell Tech support picked up the phone)..
but we went thru the SFC /SCANNOW...(anyway) as he said this will diagnose and
fix any problems..

Any thoughts?
Thanks
helene



HELENE
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to