Hi Ben
Thanks.. As soon as I do have my first cup of coffee.. LOL.. I will
investigate this further.. I couldnt' believe it happened again.. but I did
have it "fixed" while awaiting Dell Tech Support to pick up. and then they
had me do that SFC scan.. so maybe things will be okay..

But I will call Earthlink. and if need be.. re-install it.. Thanks for your
advice.

Helene
HELENE
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ben Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 7:09 AM
Subject: RE: PCWorks: Another day, same problem.. SIGH


> Don't you just hate having to troubleshoot something at dawn before that
> first cup of coffee is consumed.
>
> Obviously, either a file is corrupt or a registry entry is broken and not
> letting things start up correctly.  SFC shouldn't destroy your computer.
It
> scans system files and will replace those that it believes are corrupt.
> Might work.  As in everything you do with Windows, make sure your critical
> data is backed up.
>
> Another thing you could try, since it seems to be the earthlink software
> that's not starting correctly, is to uninstall and reinstall it.  You
might
> want to call Earthlink  to see if there are any gotcha's in doing that.
>
> Ben
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
> Behalf Of Helene Leavitt
> Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 6:51 AM
> To: PC WORKS
> Subject: PCWorks: Another day, same problem.. SIGH
>
> Hi All,
> Had to call Dell Tech again this morning.. cause the same problem arose..
> So,
> between yesterday morn.. and then in the afternoon, when it wouldnt'
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to