Jeff, what are the specific settings needed for the email?

Can you set Outlook to check the email every minute or two, or does that slow things down too much?

I have had a host in the past with a similar setup which initially played havoc with my client until I set it to check continually.

Check with your host for login timeout settings and work with it from there.

Does this happen if you set the connection to IMAP from POP?

Peter Kaulback

Jeff Dougherty wrote:
Good day.
I started with a web hosting company that will not allow me to send email
without first
checking email.
I use Outlook 2003 and have checked to log in before sending mail.
This does not seem to be working very well and if I go a while without checking
email and
click the send/receive button, the first email on that account will be sent
back with the
relay error message.
I used 25 and 777 for the SMPT port as instructed and the same problem has been
happening.
Does nayone have a fix for this?
Thank you.
Jeff