> > If I didn't wait even 45 minutes (nor even 5 probably) after reporting
> > the
> > bug before I wrote to the ml, it was not for impatience but just because
> > the

> oh sorry, i was not aware of that.
> to me it seemed that between your posting to the tracker and to the ml a
> timespan of 4 hours elapsed.

Hey I'm really sorry about that. What I meant was that I didn't remember at
all how much time had elapsed between the bug report and the post to the ml
and that I sent the two with two different purposes; I'm sure you're right
about the timings. I thought you were complaining about my writing to the
mailing list too soon (while you were complaining about almost the opposite)
and I tried to explain it was not out of impatience.
Surely I hadn't received (read, to be more precise) the automatic
notification of the bug tracker, since (I now realise) my email address in
the bugtracker is out of date, so I read that one much later; and I didn't
check out the tracker before I posted the mail for the reasons I already
mentioned (and also because I thought I would receive a notice via email in
case anyone replied).

So, with the hope to close this thread (or at least the non-technical
discussion), I really apologize if I offended anyone.

>> Correct me if I'm wrong: I need to recompile PD after modifying the
>> source
>> code with the patch, right?

> wrong.
> you just need to edit the pd.tk file ...
> the only thing you have to do is restart pd...

Ok that'g great! Forgive my ignorance.
I will try it out as soon as I can.
And of course I'll let you know whether it works

> change the 2 occurences of  "-%D/abs(%D)" to "(%D>0)?:-1:1

Sounds like it will certainly work.

> it is very simple: download the patch and......

Thanks for the explanation.

Bye
m.