On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

Do you mean a struct having *arrays* x, y, and z like:
[struct foo array x x-element array y y-element array z z-element]
?

No, sorry, just [struct foo float x float y float z] used as the template of an array. I thought that we were talking about that...

Then [tabwrite~ foo] writes to all arrays in foo, and [tabwrite~ bar] writes to array y of foo if you use [virtualarray foo bar y]. Do I have it right, or am I completely misunderstanding?

I mean that with the struct foo above, and an array named foo using struct foo as its template, you could make a virtual array named bar, which would be an actual subpart of the array foo, using a different template, which would have to be some kind of substruct of the original template.

I know this is probably flawed for I know not the inner technical workings of Pd, or for its purposes, there are other more suitable methods for gui interaction, but is any of this possible? cheers
I don't believe I wrote this.

why do you say that?