On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, Bernardo Barros wrote:

Hello , Mathieu! Well, I did not refer to implementation of new features, but the maintenance of that code that already works, fixing bugs.

Ok, so, basically, buggy software gets rewarded for requests to fix bugs. Bugless software is not rewarded : it does not pay. Therefore we are encouraged to put enough bugs in there so that we get money. Nevermind the high-reliability ideals.

(Of course, don't let my comments prevent you from contributing money. I'm just trying to say that some assumptions about funding may encourage the wrong things and cause strange compensations.)