Dario wrote:

"That's interesting to me. However, apart from more or less sexy body, more
or less complete line of lenses, more or less Pentax feeling camera (all of
them being important), the most important question among Pentax film camera
users (all of us) is:
Will the *ist D line capable to give pictures with a quality comparable to
Canon and Fuji?"
[snip]
I'm very anxious for seeing actual pictures taken with the *ist, like
everybody can see actual pictures taken with the Canon 10D. If I had to buy
a DSLR today, I'll probably buy Canon. Since I can wait, I still wait for
Pentax, then decide before this year's end.

Will I have to buy Canon next autumn?"

REPLY:

I'm confident that image quality is up there with compewtition. This doesn't bother me
at all. However, the question about Pentax support of their products will be amplifies
at this juncture. Will Pentax upgrade the *ist D? Will they make something placed
abowe the *ist D? What will happen with the FA lenses line? What about the FA* lenses?
Limiteds? Whats up with the FA J lenses? And what are the dedicated D lenses all
about? To answer this questions you need a larger crystal ball than I have available.
Unfortunately, no such question is necessary when it come to Canon.
I believe that those who will buy the *ist D are people into SLR's and who have done
their research and homework well. Unfortunately, Pentax lack of support of their 35mm
slr user base the last 15 years or so will may backfire. It isn't that products aren't
good enough, it is the lack of trust in the company and their willingness to
commitment.

Pål