Hi!

Yep you can't set aperture on the 5n body.. would be useful to have so that
they'd be fully compatible with the FAJ lenses. Maybe Pentax has some super
post- powerzoom, post-IS, post-HSM innovation which requires lenses to have
a basic FAJ circuitry configuration! Or maybe they're innovation department
recently hired a d*ckhead..

Unfortunately, it seems more like the second is true and the first is not <sigh>.

Don't forget the more gimmicky 'panorama mode' on the 5n! :)

Actually I forgot. After all the little lever is not as "large" as these icons on the mode wheel...

Though of course MZ-6 has snap in focus, which though is independent
of picture more.

Hasn't the 5n got snap in focus w/ manual lenses too?

I guess it has. I don't know. I did not get to try that. I suppose that nothing can prevent any MZ series AF camera to have snap in focus, except of course some clever programming.

Same class I suppose in terms of specs I guess- just different interface.
I've always felt the 5n seems more sturdier than the 6 though. On something
else, do you notice the eyecup of the 5n has a tendency to attempt escape
from the camera everytime you take it out of a bag?

Hehe. Actually, since it wasn't my camera, and I had it on load, I kept it at home. So it was on the shelf and I never actually took it out a bag. Admittedly though, 5n's eyecap is more comfortable than that of MZ-6. Actually, the whole viewfinder "subsystem" is better.

I did not notice any difference in sturdiness between 5n and 6. I am really afraid that 5n is sturdier by the rumour, not by design or construction. By the way, both cameras I compared (my ZX-L and co-workers 5n) were made in Japan. Perhaps, there are other batches which were made elsewhere, and for them there is indeed a difference in sturdiness. I couldn't really notice any such difference between two cameras I held.

The serious difference in sturdiness however is easily observed between either of MZ cameras in question and my little ME Super... Though even there the cover that covers the top of the camera - controls and penta-prism is plastic too...

Happy shooting...

Boris