On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:48:41 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...] why would the chromatic aberration be worse or show up
> worse on a digital rather than a film camera?

I can think of a couple of possibilities:

1) greater magnification from the smaller sensor means _everything_ is
bigger, including the artifacts of aberrations

2) the difference between the "random" distribution of film grains
compared to the rigidly defined distribution of sensor pixels means
that the aberration artifacts get distributed around randomly on film
and therefore diffused, but end up as lines of artifacts on the digital
sensor, which makes them more recognizable to the human visual system

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ