On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:10:53 -0800
 Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
RAW is what the camera produces. A Canon will produce a different looking
RAW file than a Nikon or a Pentax. RAW, in your own words, "bypasses most of
the processing on the camera." Most means not all.

If you've not already tried it, grab a few different cameras that use RAW,
take the same shot under the same conditions (don't forget to use your
tripod <g>) and then compare the images. According to you, they should be
the same. Do the experiment, and let us know what results you've come up
with. In fact, post 'em so we can make up our own minds.

shel

I must say that his is one pretty nasty request <bg>. I wonder how many members of __Pentax__ DML actually do own DSLRs (and comparable lenses) made by Nikon and Canon and Pentax and perhaps Olympus to be able to perform such a test... <bg>

I do agree with Shel on one point though - discussion of intricacies of digital world takes us somewhat away from Pentax and from Photography. Indeed, comparing various OSes, software packages, file formats, and so on, has rather little to do with P&P above...

I haven't meet Mike Johnston, and I have no idea how he feels (at the moment). I am pretty sure only of one thing - he feels morning and I feel evening. <VBG>

May the (light) force be with you...

Boris