Hi,

Friday, November 21, 2003, 4:41:29 AM, you wrote:

[...]
> A friend of mine is a Dr of Music.
> According to him, anyone over the age of 50 who figures they can still
> appreciate the joys of an expensive sound system are fooling themselves. We
> lose much ability to discern subtle tonal variations as we age, and the
> expensive stereos become so much vanity.

I've have some serious ear problems, so I'm no judge of sound quality at all.
When I first starting having these problems, and regular audiology tests,
I asked the consultant what they used as the baseline for the comparisons. He
told me it was the average of a large sample of tests made on 6-year-olds,
because their ears have stopped developing, but haven't yet started to decline.

The lesson from that is, get a 6-year-old to choose your sound system.

--
Cheers,
 Bob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]