Tom will be able to give the best report, but from my memory and
others I have heard, ANY digital camera doesn't seem to be as
consistent with TTL flash as the film bodies.  Some of it could be
latitude of the film, and some of it could be that the cameras
purposely underexpose rather than blow out highlights.  On negatives,
this is not an issue, but with digital, once the highlights are gone,
no amount of PS will bring them back.

Tanya, you have shown, for those who didn't already know, that you can
bring out an amazing amount of detail in an underexposed image, so it
is not quite as bad as it seems.

I have been shooting with an AF360FGZ for mostly daylight fill and an
AF400T with Lumiquest softbox for my normal flash work.  For daylight
flash fill, I notice no problems with the AF360FGZ.  When used as the
main light source, it seems to err on the side of safety so most
images need a bit of tweaking in PS, but never any lost highlights.
The AF400T for the most part works reasonably well.  If anything it
seems to be a bit strong at times.  I did have a few shots, that I
just couldn't bring down the highlights enough.

FWIW, I have heard similar stories from Nikon and Canon DSLR owners.

--
Best regards,
Bruce