Ah but in this test: http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/ocesideharbor2.htm
there is clearly more detail in the film scan - I can see a bird in the
sky which just gets lost in the digital image!

http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/dslrvsfilm.htm#links

There is the link to it.

Besides if you think 8mp is some kind of insurance for film, its not,
digital is just going to keep getting bigger and better.

-Shawn