Hi,

to my eye the *ist-D is the one with the least distortion.
Only a slight color moire far down. Am I wrong? Or is
even that subjective?

Regards, Hans.

--- Sylwester Pietrzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
on 08.06.04 15:15, Rob Studdert at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well of course Bayer interpolation algorithms are the difference if the sensor
> is the precisely the same type. I just don't understand why there seems to be
> so much debate about something that isn't a problem. I'm happy with the
> sharpness of the *ist D, but I'm sure with the appropriate sharpening factors
> could make its image like the D100. See the following set of samples and see
> which one appears least distorted:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/27208228/original
Well, it seems that least distorted are samples from 10D and D1X, with *istD
next. But what would happen if you cramp up sharpness and contrast of *istD
image to the levels similar to let's say 10D???

--
Best Regards
Sylwek

23a mail