Butch and all you other guys that run labs:

I've received some pretty dirty stuff back from the local discount place, but never anything optically fuzzy. I've since moved my business to another place.

Help me understand, since I've only developed black and white negs and color slides at home. What would cause the sharpness of color negatives to degrade during the developing process? My totally uniformed guess would be that the process would have to be off pretty far to have an effect on the emulsion.

Can you lend some insight?

Thanks, gs