On 24 Jun 2004 at 21:50, Leon Altoff wrote:

> Since then I have been searching for details on how to truely clean the
> sensor.  I spoke to CR Kennedy who cleaned mine once and did a
> wonderful job.  They actually use dry nitrogen to blow out the dust.
> The use cleaning swabs only if absolutely necessary.  Dry nitrogen is
> almost pure nitrogen with less that 10 parts per million of moisture.
> I am investigating what it would cost to get my own dry nitrogen setup.

AU$150 for an oxy reg, gun and 10m of HP hose then after that it's the rental
on the bottles that kills the fun. A G bottle (7m3) or industrial grade
compressed nitrogen (Moisture at 15ºC  <100ppm at full cylinder pressure  BOC
product #032) costs only about AU$66 to fill and lasts a good year or so even
when used frequently.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998