From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 20 July 2004 11:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT: DOF and digital cameras

On 19 Jul 2004 at 18:48, Joseph Tainter wrote:

> Okay, my brain has had a hard day, so I'm going to try to simplify the
> discussion:
>
> In lieu of my 50 mm., the "normal" lens on my *ist D is the FA 31.
> Unless someone can tell me clearly why not, I am treating the DOF scale
> on the FA 31 as still in effect.
>
> Right or wrong?

It solely depends upon what you deem as an appropriate CoC for your type of
shooting/printing. However if the scale was printed by the manufacturer
based
on an APS sized sensor they would likely have used a smaller CoC for the
calculations. Remember it's a guide not a rule.

http://www.nikonlinks.com/unklbil/dof.htm

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998