JCO posted:
> I think the lighting in the sample portrait at
> http://www.dardeno.com/profile.php can be easily duplicated using a
> PZ-1p with a AF500-FTZ bounced off the ceiling or through a diffuser
> combined with the RTF flash. I'm not sure how you'd do that with the
> *ist-D because I've never been able to mount the 500FTZ and use the
> pop-up flash at the same time --- it won't fit.

Do you mean using that setup in Contrast-Control mode, JCO? I have used the
500FTZ plus built-in flash on the PZ-1 to photograph a group; bounced the FTZ
off the ceiling and used the RTF for fill (in contrast-control mode). I think
it worked well.
In any case, hypothetically, you could use a bracket for the 500FTZ and the
requisite adapters (hot-shoe adapter Fg and sync cord), using contrast-control
mode so that the bounced 500FTZ is your main light and the RTF your fill or
perhaps (I haven't tried this) the 500FTZ on the bracket in slave mode, in
which case you would not need the adapters but of course could not use contrast-
control, and since I haven't tried this I don't know if the lighting ratio
would be messy in that case. The bracket was quite inexpensive. The adapter and
cord, not so inexpensive.
Although I did photograph a family group indoors with the setup described by
JCO and in my first paragraph, I don't recall if I used the bracket. I have
one, so I well might have, but of course on the PZ-1 you can use both the RFT
and the hot shoe at the same time.
For size reference, the family I photographed contains six people.
So that's something else to consider, Amita, as well as the excellent-if-
possible outdoors idea (RTF can be your friend there) for the group, and either
outdoors or window light (with reflector) for the individuals.
Good luck in any case! Oh, and perhaps you might try a favourite trick of mine,
if using flash to photograph a group: I tell them when to BLINK! and shoot
right after they open their eyes from the controlled blink. I get FAR fewer
accidental blinks in photos that way.

ERN