On 10 Oct 2004 at 19:57, John Francis wrote:

> Bottom line: this looks very much like a work in progress.
> I'd expect to see a future release of the DNG converter
> preserve more of the Pentax-specific information from the
> MakerNote tag, and perhaps even use the same linearization
> curve as the Pentax software.  Until then I wouldn't use
> DNG, even if I had any software that could read it.

Thanks for the report John, much as I had suspected, even the PS CS RAW
convertor hasn't the control of colour offered by the Pentax RAW convertor. I
intend to stay well away from it until it's adopted as the preferential RAW
file format by the camera manufacturers.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998