On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

I have no experience with the 28-105 PZ lens, but have the current FA28-105/3.2-4.5 AL IF. Small, light, and extremely good quality for $210 new. Here's a picture of a silver finish model, fitted with a standard Kalt 58mm lens hood, mounted on the *ist DS body:

http://homepage.mac.com/godders/DS-28-105comp.jpg

I like the tulip hoods terribly. Of course the crop-factor allows a deeper hood, but I would think a deeper than the original, but still tulip hood would give better protection/contrast increase than the round one; useful perhaps in a 3.75-times zoom. Is the bayonet mount of the hoods universal across manufacturers?

Oh, how I doubt it,

Kostas
p.s.: Interesting zebra effect Godfrey, and I can see why you like the small Kalt hood aesthetically.
p.p.s: Sack the b who decided to bring out silver lenses.