On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Dave Kennedy wrote:

Any idea what that lens will be and when it'll be released?

No. They won't tell us, I don't think :-)

I'm trying to figure out how to replace it. Do I go with the 50-200?

Are you digital-only? If yes (or if you don't mind a bit of vignetting at the low end), people here like it.

was also toying with saving up for a Tokina or Sigma 70-200/2.8.

Different class in terms of weight and size; if that's OK, then comes price.

life was so easy when I didn't NEED a lens.  'Course trying to justify
spending $$$ on a lens after holidays won't be the easiest thing
either.

Good luck :-) I will wait for the FF 50-200; if that comes as a reasonably priced replacement for the F70-210, I will be able to sell at least the F35-135 and the F70-210, maybe even the FA24-90. Perhaps you can do some similar restructuring, just an idea.

Kostas