Your idea of "not much larger" is certainly a bit different than mine,
Peter.  You might want to double check the figures over at Boz's site.

I've had both lenses at the same time, and the A*300 is seemed quite a bit
bigger than the K135/2.5 ...

As for its "greatness," well, we'll just have to disagree there as well.  I
had two, and was not satisfied with either.

Shel