At 12:35 PM -0500 2/21/06, John Francis wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 07:24:11AM -0800, Rick Womer wrote:
 Folks,

 Soooo... I can probably pick up a used ist D for
 $700-800, looking at the recent prices on eBay and
 KEH.

 Worth it?

You can (theoretically) get a new, warrantied DS/DS2 for that.

Which to get depends on what is important to you.  I'm very
happy with the two-wheel style of control on the D (which is
just like that on the PZ-1 bodies), and also wanted the grip.

Shel & Godfrey, though - both photographers who demand a lot
of control over their cameras - are happy with the one wheel
(and a shift button) style of control.  The larger screen,
and the smaller RAW files, are other benefits of the DS models.

So going digital is worth it - the real question is whether to
go with a used D or a new DS.  Only you can make that choice.

Doesn't the D have a metal chassis while the DS/DS2 are plastic?
--

Steve
[EMAIL PROTECTED]