On 22 Feb 2006 at 22:43, Gautam Sarup wrote:

> On 2/21/06, John Coyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > And I find 45 focus points laughable: the CPU must spend a huge amount of
> > time analysing the optimum focus distance from all those inputs!
> > I may be missing something there though and I'd be happy for someone to
> > explain the benefits to me...
>
> Actually, I'd be curious to know how many use more than one spot.
>
> I find it easier to focus using the center AF spot, recompose and shoot
> than to fiddle with a switch and a knob to change the focus point, then
> press the shutter etc. or let the camera pick a spot.

Me too, not that I use AF much but about the only times I've bothered to set
the AF spot to other than the centre spot was when shooting motor-sports with a
long lens.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998