John Coyle wrote:
What Mark said, in spades! And I would just add that the burying of control features such as white balance and spot metering in the menu system in the DS/DL variants was a big mistake, IMO. I modify these settings frequently enough so that it would be a real PITA to have to work through the menu. Two control wheels is also an excellent idea.

On the DL, white balance, ISO, flash setting and shooting thingy (excuse the technical terminology: single frame, continuous, timer, etc.) are on the function button and quickly accessible.

I used to alternate between RAW/JPG, and going to the menus for that was a pain, but I got a larger card and now just shoot RAW. I do all adjustments on the RAW file, so don't need to fiddle with the menu settings much.

These days, about the only time I use the menu is to erase the card.

Two wheels would be nice but most of the time I only alter one anyway and leave the other on auto.

Did any of that make sense?

Keith McG