Paul. I am hoping between my own learning curve and tapping the collective at
GFM on how
to go about
this PS Browser, Raw batch proccessing will eventually come to me. Right now i
have 100
Raws to
proccess and get out with some effects by the 28th, i can't really spend time
experimenting. I wil
before someon gives me shit for that.:-)

I think you said your coming to GFM.

Mind if i tap the collective when you get there. Bringing ibook and CS

Dave

PS. I love the two wheel shutter/aperature feature not only on the D but the D1
and D2H.

I think i would be hard pressed with out. That and Hyper M / P

Give the D a face lift with faster buffer and say 8mp and Pentax will have a
good seller i
think.

Dave

Steady said:
Yes. The digital workflow isn't a problem once you get used to it. I shoot
events now as favors for friends that I never would have done with film. I shot
a baby shower the other day. Processed 20 of the 50 RAWs I shot in about 20
minutes. Spent another ten minutes putting them up on a web page for all to
see. No brainer. I have two *ist D. Haven't tried the other D cameras, but I
love the individual wheels for aperture and shutter speed. Wouldn't want to
change now.
From: Rick Womer
> Folks,
>
> I've been on the "digital fence" for some time, and
> had pretty much decided to buy the ist D successor
> when it becomes available.
>
> I'm getting itchy, though, since it doesn't look as
> though the new body will be here by summer.
>
> In May and June, a niece is getting married, I'm going
> to GFM, my son is graduating from high school, and my
> wife and I will be traveling in Europe.  That's 50
> rolls of Ektachrome right there, i.e. $500 with
> processing.
>
> I'm really not sure how I will feel about the "digital
> workflow."  It is possible that I will run screaming
> back to film.  I really like my slides.
>
> Soooo... I can probably pick up a used ist D for
> $700-800, looking at the recent prices on eBay and
> KEH.
>
> Worth it?

Rick