On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 07:18:55AM -0700, Shel Belinkoff wrote:
> I think they are - the DS/DL series did very well, and have added a number
> of converts, the K100D is selling like crazy and is receiving good media
> coverage and good reviews, and the K10D offers a lot for the money and some
> innovative features, and, apart from this list, is generating a lot of good
> buzz.  The only down side - if you can call it that - is that the world of
> the DSLR changes rapidly, and it may be hard for Pentax to "keep up" with
> Canon, or even Nikon.  Still, I think those who are not in need of the
> latest and greatest "fluff" offerings, will be quite satisfied with Pentax
> for some time.
>
> I cannot help but wonder if there will be a K1D ...
>
> Shel

I don't anticipate one.  While the K10D doesn't quite come up to my
hopes as far as frame rate and flash sync speed are concerned, it's
good enough for well over 99% of my scenarios.  And even there the
frame rate will probably get updated in a K10Dn/K20D in a year or two.

So - what would be added in a K1D?  Full frame?  Aperture simulator?
If you ask me, neither of those will ever show up in a K-mount DSLR.