Transcend 150x 2G SD cards have proven to be reliable and fast, are
currently on sale at NewEgg.com for $37 apiece. I've done business
with them quite a few times and not had any bad experiences.

-----

Many told me to quit griping about Pentax ditching CF cards because SD
cards were now so cheap that they were disposable. Well, I have ordered
a K10D and a 130X Lexar 2GB card to go with it. The card is over $100.
To get the 10 GB I'd like eventually to have for extended travel will
cost me $500 at that rate. (I have 9 GB in CF cards, and fill them up
pretty quickly when I travel. I also have a 40 GB Flashtrax, but
consider it a backup rather than a susbtitute for cards. And I'll have
to get a CF to SD adapter for it.)

The Transcend certainly looks attractive on price, but are they of the
quality of Lexar and Sandisk? I won't buy a card that may prove
short-lived and lose valuable images.

I don't know whether the K10D will be able to take full advantage of
cards in the 130-150x range. A future model might be able to. If I
invest now in expensive SD cards, though, that will guarantee that
Pentax will switch to some other kind of card in the future.

The 4GB CF Lexar card that I have D causes the D to boot so slowly that
I a hesitate to go beyond 2GB in future cards. Or maybe the K10D will
boot quickly enough that it won't be a problem.

Joe