Op Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:11:20 +0200 schreef John Forbes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I thought the angle of light affected things like chromatic aberration.
> Are you saying that some light just bounces off the filter on the sensor
> and never gets recorded at all?

No. The light-sensitive part of the sensor is at the bottom of a cavity.
With a steep angle of light, you get shading by the side of this cavity.
This leads to light fall-off (and, at least in theory, more than with
film, Nate!).

The obvious solution would be to do away with these cavities, and have the
photosensitive part of the sensor flush with the surface. Apparently this
is not feasible or desireable. Does anyone know why?
--
Regards, Lucas