"I like the non-hyped, straight talking of Mr.Tatamiya.  It is very
Pentax-like talking.  His forehead is now much shinier."

-----
Hi, Ken. Is that a Japanese saying? A shiny forehead? I assume it is a
compliment. Anyway, I appreciated his straight talk too. We now know
much more about what to expect.
----

"I like the fact that they did not try to wrestle with noise but leave
it for users to take advantage of it."

-----
Yes, this is the right approach.

I don't know what to make of my comparison shots. In the image from the
GX10, the table top appears rather noisy to me, especially compared to
the *ist D shot at ISO 800. Looking just at the table, the GX10 shot at
800 looks more like the *ist D shot at 1600. But I think the GX10 image
is also underexposed. Maybe we haven't learned anything more with these
shots.

The GX10 shot is clearly sharper, but I don't know if there was any
post-processing. Maybe it is the result of the 10 mp sensor?

Joe